2012 Baseball Odds: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs
Saturday, July 28, 2012
The surging St. Louis Cardinals go for their fifth straight win and eighth in nine games Saturday when they resume their weekend series at Wrigley Field. St. Louis has scored 53 runs in its last eight games following Friday’s wild 9-6 win. It was a historic day, as the Cards homered in five straight innings for the first time in club history. Left fielder Matt Holliday, who hit his 18th homer, is on a 15-for-36 tear over his last 10 games. In another positive sign, first baseman Lance Berkman homered Friday for the first time since he came off the DL on July 14.
The fifth-place Chicago Cubs, who have won 10 of 13 at Wrigley, continue to get a lift from 22-year-old Anthony Rizzo. Since being called up June 26, the first baseman is batting .330 in 25 games with six homers and 15 RBIs. Chicago is 15-10 with Rizzo, who went 2-for-4 with three RBIs and two runs scored Friday.
The rookie Kelly has given up two or fewer earned runs in seven of his eight starts, but has received little run support. He’s gone exactly six innings in his last six starts. Batters are hitting .262 against Kelly, who has given up a homer in three of his last four starts.
Samardzija was brilliant last time out, holding the Pirates to one hit in eight scoreless innings. He’s allowed a total of five earned runs in his last four starts, and has fanned 114 in 114 1/3 innings this year. Samardzija is 3-2 with a 5.29 ERA in 15 career appearances against the Cardinals.
1. St. Louis has won eight of 12 meetings this season
2. Cards 3B David Freese did not play Friday after leaving Thursday’s game with a cramp in his right calf. He’s expected back in the lineup Saturday.
3. Cubs SS Starlin Castro has scored five runs in the past four games.
Recent Trends on St. Louis::
- Under is 7-1-1 in STL last 9 road games.
- Under is 14-4-2 in STL last 20 overall.
- Under is 14-4-2 in STL last 20 on grass.
Recent Trends on Chi. Cubs::
- CHC are 8-2 in their last 10 home games.
- CHC are 5-16 in their last 21 Sat. games.
- Under is 7-3 in CHC last 10 home games.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: St. Louis -125
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Betting in Vegas: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs
- MLB Baseball Free Picks: St Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs
- Baseball Odds: Houston Astros vs St Louis Cardinals
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: New York Mets at St. Louis Cardinals
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Miami Marlins vs St. Louis Cardinals