2012 Baseball Odds: Toronto Blue Jays at Milwaukee Brewers
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
The Toronto Blue Jays attempt to end a lengthy losing streak in Milwaukee when they take on the Brewers in the middle contest of their three-game interleague series on Tuesday. Toronto has lost each of its last 11 games in Milwaukee dating to September 1996, when the Milwaukee Brewers still resided in the American League. Monday's series-opening loss kicked off a nine-game road trip for the Blue Jays.
Milwaukee benefited from instant replay Monday as Aramis Ramirez's deep drive to left field leading off the seventh inning was ruled a home run after initially being called a foul ball. The blast snapped a 6-6 tie that Toronto forged after trailing by five runs. The win was the Brewers' fifth in their last six home games and third in four contests overall.
PITCHING MATCHUP: Blue Jays RH Jesse Chavez (0-0, 5.40 ERA) vs. Undecided
With three members of its rotation sidelined with injuries, Toronto is expected to give Chavez his first career start. The 28-year-old made one relief appearance with the club this season, allowing three runs in five innings on May 27 at Texas. Chavez has surrendered 18 runs and 25 hits over 11 1/3 frames in 12 career games against Milwaukee.
The Brewers' rotation also has been struck by the injury bug. Marco Estrada already is on the disabled list (quadriceps) and former Blue Jay Shaun Marcum was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday with tightness in his elbow. Milwaukee has not announced an official replacement and is likely to bring up a pitcher from Triple-A Nashville to make the start.
1. Milwaukee OF Ryan Braun enters with a 13-game hitting streak during which he is batting .333 (19-for-57) with five home runs and 12 RBIs. The reigning National League MVP also has hit safely in 23 consecutive interleague contests.
2. Toronto belted three home runs Monday, raising its season total to 94. Only the New York Yankees (101) have hit more.
3. Ramirez has recorded five multi-hit performances over his last 10 games.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 40-12-1 in TOR last 53 Tue. games.
- TOR are 5-11 in their last 16 Tue. games.
Recent Trends on Milwaukee: :
- Over is 8-3-1 in MIL last 12 Tue. games.
- MIL are 5-11 in their last 16 interleague games.
- Over is 35-17-2 in MIL last 54 home games.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: OFF - OFF
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- June 20th MLB Predictions: Toronto Blue Jays & Milwaukee Brewers
- MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Pittsburgh Pirates at Milwaukee Brewers
- Prediction on MLB Games: Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Houston Astros at Milwaukee Brewers