Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Philadelphia Phillies at Colorado Rockies
Sunday, July 15, 2012
After securing a World Series ring and MVP honors in 2008, Cole Hamels' resume is already pretty solid. The subject of trade rumors, Hamels will take the mound on Sunday as the reeling Philadelphia Phillies attempt to win their first series in nearly one month when they face the Colorado Rockies. The last time Philadelphia won a series was June 19-21, when it claimed two of three from Colorado.
The Phillies snapped a five-game skid with an 8-5 triumph on Saturday for just their second win in 13 outings, but improved to 12-3 in their last 15 at Coors Field. While Carlos Ruiz homered and Chase Utley had three hits, Ryan Howard continues to struggle at the plate as he works his way back from his Achilles' injury. After collecting two hits in his season debut versus Atlanta, the Phillies' slugger has been held hitless.
Hamels has been winless in his last three starts - although a faulty bullpen hasn't been doing him any favors. The 28-year-old has tossed seven innings in each of the last three games - but was victimized by a pair of homers in his last outing versus the New York Mets on July 4. Hamels handcuffed Colorado over eight innings on June 19, picking up the win after striking out seven.
Pomeranz recorded his first win after yielding just one hit over 6 1/3 sizzling innings in a 5-1 triumph over Washington on July 6. The 23-year-old, who has yet to face Philadelphia in his career, has struggled with his control this season. He has issued 20 walks in 35 1/3 innings.
1. Philadelphia pitching coach Rich Dubee confirmed on Saturday that ace Roy Halladay is expected start Tuesday's game versus the Los Angeles Dodgers. Halladay has been sidelined since May 28 with a right latissimus dorsi strain.
2. Colorado's speedy Dexter Fowler has struggled in his career versus Hamels, going 1-for-10 with three strikeouts.
3. Utley, who had a pair of RBI singles, had his best game since returning to the majors as he worked his way back from chronically injured knees.
Recent Trends on Philadelphia::
- PHI are 4-18 in their last 22 Sun. games.
- PHI are 2-9 in their last 11 road games.
- Over is 22-7 in PHI last 29 road games.
Recent Trends on Colorado::
- Under is 7-1 in COL last 8 overall.
- Under is 7-1 in COL last 8 on grass.
- COL are 4-11 in their last 15 home games.
Head to Head :
- PHI are 10-2 in the last 12 meetings in Colorado.
- PHI are 25-7 in the last 32 meetings.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Philadelphia -135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Baseball Odds: Phillies' Cole Hamels visit Colorado Rockies
- MLB Baseball Odds: Will Halladay Get His 10th?
- MLB Baseball Odds: Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- MLB Betting Odds and Free Picks: Philadelphia Phillies at Atlanta Braves
- Baseball Las Vegas Odds: Philadelphia Phillies at Washington Nationals