Baseball Odds & Free Picks: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
by Mike Stewart
The Los Angeles Dodgers are off to a National League-best 17-7 start and they already have a huge advantage over at least one of their NL West rivals.
The Dodgers will give him the ball as they try to make it two straight over the host Rockies in the finale of their three-game series on Wednesday.
The Rockies fell to 1-5 at home against left-handed starters Tuesday when Ted Lilly handcuffed them for six innings in the Dodgers’ 7-6 victory. They were hitting .234 against lefties prior to Tuesday’s game and their top two left-handed hitters – Carlos Gonzalez and Todd Helton – are a combined 10-for-57 in 2012. Colorado’s Drew Pomeranz left his last start after four innings with tightness in his left forearm but said he is fine after throwing an issue-free bullpen session Sunday.
After three straight no-decisions, Kershaw has won his last two starts. He allowed two runs and three hits in eight innings in a 3-2 victory over Washington on Friday. Kershaw is 6-4 lifetime with a 3.97 ERA in 16 career starts against Colorado, including 3-3, 5.88 at Coors Field. Current Rockies are hitting .289 against him, with Dexter Fowler 11-for-26. Carlos Gonzalez and Troy Tulowitzki are a combined 11-for-53.
Pomeranz left Friday’s 18-9 victory over the Mets too soon to earn his first victory of the season. Pomeranz pitched well enough to win in his previous start, when he allowed two runs in five innings against Milwaukee on April 21. The bullpen, though, collapsed in a 9-4 loss. Pomeranz has never faced the Dodgers or any of their players.
1. Kemp became one of four players in major league history to hit .400 with at least 10 homers and 20 RBIs in April, joining Barry Bonds (2004), Larry Walker (1997) and Tony Perez (1970).
2. Colorado third baseman Chris Nelson is 13-for-36 at home and 0-for-20 on the road.
3. Los Angeles shortstop Dee Gordon went homerless in his first 311 at-bats before leading off Tuesday’s game with a blast into the second deck in right field.
MLB BASEBALL PREDICTION: Los Angeles 5, Colorado 4
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies
- September 9th MLB Lines: Cincinnati Reds at Colorado Rockies
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles Dodgers
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks at Colorado Rockies
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies