Basketball Betting Odds: Mississippi State Bulldogs at Auburn Tigers
Saturday, February 18, 2012
by Joe Rodriguez
Winning conference games on the road is never easy, but No. 23 Mississippi State Bulldogs needs to figure out how to do it and quickly to keep alive its hopes of an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The Bulldogs are coming off a loss at LSU in which they squandered a 17-point lead their second consecutive overtime defeat after a 70-68 home loss to Georgia and they can hardly afford a third consecutive loss to a team from the bottom half of the Southeastern Conference standings.
- Mississippi State Bulldogs @ Auburn Tigers
When: 8:00 PM ET, Saturday, February 18, 2012
Where: Auburn Arena, Auburn, Alabama
TV: 8 p.m. ET, SportSouth (FSN), ESPN3.com
Check Live NCAA Basketball Odds on Justbet Sportsbook .
Mississippi State Bulldogs (19-7): The Bulldogs were cruising along, having won six of eight and looking like a lock for the NCAA Tournament and a contender for the conference title, but back-to-back stumbles against subpar teams have them reeling. It might not be easy for them to get back on track at Auburn - they're 1-4 on the road in SEC play with the victory a one-point overtime win at Vanderbilt. The Bulldogs won the previous meeting this season 91-88 in Starkville on Feb. 4 when Arnett Moultrie had a huge game with 21 points and seven rebounds.
Auburn Tigers (13-12): The Auburn Tigers have lost three straight and four of five, most recently falling 61-54 at Ole Miss last Saturday. Auburn has been dismal at the offensive end during SEC play, averaging only 57.4 points and shooting 37.8 percent from the field.
1. Auburn leads the series 71-65 and has won 10 of the past 15 contests at Auburn, including a 65-62 win last season in which the Tigers trailed by 19 with 11 minutes left and by 14 at the 5:00 mark.
2. Mississippi State's 11 SEC games have been decided by an average of 5.4 points, and seven of them have been decided by five points or less.
3. Moultrie, who played two seasons under Auburn coach Tony Barbee when both were at Texas-El Paso, ranks fourth in the SEC with 16.5 points per game and leads the league with 10.8 rebounds per contest
BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Tigers 66, Bulldogs 64.
- NCAA Basketball Picks: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Mississippi State Bulldogs
- NCAA Betting Picks: Mississippi State Bulldogs vs South Carolina Gamecocks
- NCAA Betting Odds: Auburn Tigers vs Mississippi State Bulldogs
- NCAA Picks and Tips: Kentucky Wildcats vs Auburn Tigers
- Nov 17 NCAA Baskteball Odds: No 18 Texas A&M at Mississippi State