Betting in Vegas: Miami Marlins at Chicago Cubs
Thursday, July 19, 2012
It has been a season of streaks for Miami Marlins left-hander Mark Buehrle, who will make his return to Chicago Cubs to face the Cubs on Thursday. After starting the season 1-4 – his only victory a 9-1 triumph over the Cubs on April 18 – Buehrle won four straight decisions, lost four straight and enters the finale of the three-game series riding a four-game winning streak. Buehrle was 161-119 in 12 seasons with the White Sox prior to signing with Miami as a free agent. He is 3-2 at Wrigley Field.
Cubs left-hander Paul Maholm also comes in hot with a three-game winning streak and has allowed only two runs in his last four games (three starts) covering 22 1/3 innings. Chicago snapped a six-game losing streak to Miami with a 5-1 victory Wednesday in a game shortened to 7 1/3 innings because of rain. The Cubs, who were outscored 48-19 by the Marlins during the losing streak, have won 13 of their last 18 games, including four of five since the All-Star break.
Buehrle has been dominant during his recent run. He has pitched at least seven innings and struck out at least seven in his last four starts, including a 2-1 victory over Washington on Saturday. He has lowered his ERA by 0.69 during the winning streak. Buehrle is 6-4 against the Cubs in his career. The Chicago roster is hitting .221 against him, with Alfonso Soriano 7-for-40 (two homers, 10 strikeouts).
Maholm was 0-4 in eight previous starts prior to his hot streak. He allowed one run, six hits and struck out five in an 8-1 victory over Arizona on Friday. He is 3-5 with a 5.67 ERA in eight starts against Miami. The Marlins’ roster is hitting .296 against Maholm, with Hanley Ramirez 6-for-17 (two homers, three RBIs).
1. Miami CF Emilio Bonifacio tripled, doubled and singled Wednesday.
2. Chicago 2B Darwin Barney went 2-for-3 on Wednesday and is 6 for 15 in his last five games.
3. Miami RHP Heath Bell has three straight scoreless appearances since losing his closer’s role prior to the All-Star break.
Recent Trends on Miami: :
- Under is 7-1-2 in MIA last 10 overall.
- Under is 7-1-2 in MIA last 10 on grass.
- MIA are 3-12 in their last 15 Thu. games.
Recent Trends on Chi. Cubs: :
- CHC are 7-1 in their last 8 home games.
- Under is 6-2 in CHC last 8 home games.
- CHC are 6-2 in Maholms last 8 home starts.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Chicago +110
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas Odds: Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs
- Prediction on MLB Games: Detroit Tigers & Chicago Cubs
- MLB Baskeball Picks & Tips: Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs
- MLB Sports Betting Odds: Miami Marlins at Arizona Diamondbacks