Las Vegas MLB Lines: Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Hanley Ramirez announced his presence in the National League West race Friday with his game-winning home run in the 10th inning, helping Los Angeles Dodgers pull within two games of the division-leading San Francisco Giants. The Dodgers snapped a four-game losing streak at AT&T Park and showed why the Giants are shopping for relief help with the July 31 trade deadline fast approaching. Los Angeles center fielder Matt Kemp went 0-for-5 in the series opener and is 2-for-21 with seven strikeouts in his last five games.
Third baseman Pablo Sandoval (hamstring) has missed the Giants’ past two games, and there’s a chance he may need a stint on the disabled list. San Francisco added some infield depth on Friday by trading minor league second baseman Charlie Culberson to Colorado for infielder Marco Scutaro, who was hitting .271 with four home runs and 30 RBIs for the Rockies. Scutaro hasn’t played third base since 2008, but he may be asked to spend time there if Sandoval lands on the DL. Scutaro could also see time at shortstop and second base.
Billingsley looked sharp last Monday in his first start since landing on the disabled list with an elbow injury, giving up one run over six innings against St. Louis. Billingsley went 0-5 with a 6.21 ERA in his last five starts before going on the DL, and he’s 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA in two starts against the Giants this season.
Zito had a season-high seven strikeouts against the Phillies last Sunday while giving up three runs in seven innings. After a stellar April, Zito's ERA is 4.41 since May 1. He has a 3.79 ERA in 22 career starts against the Dodgers, and he's 1-1 with a 2.08 ERA in two outings this season.
1. Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen has eight saves while holding the opposition to a .152 average (7-for-46) in July.
2. San Francisco has scored at least three runs in 12 of its 13 games since the All-Star break.
3. Los Angeles SS Luis Cruz went 1-for-4 on Friday, extending his career-long hitting streak to 10 games.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers::
- Over is 7-2 in LA last 9 overall.
- Over is 7-2 in LA last 9 on grass.
- Over is 6-2 in LA last 8 road games.
Recent Trends on San Francisco::
- Over is 7-1-1 in SF last 9 games following a loss.
- SF are 6-2 in their last 8 home games.
- Over is 7-3 in SF last 10 vs. National League West.
Head to Head :
- Under is 6-1-1 in Zitos last 8 home starts vs. LA.
- Under is 10-3-3 in Zitos last 16 starts vs. LA.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: San Francisco -110
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Free Predictions: Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants
- Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants
- MLB Vegas Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants
- Las Vegas Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers at San Francisco Giants
- MLB Baseball Odds: Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants