Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
Sunday, July 15, 2012
In their first game after the All-Star break, both Chicago White Sox and Kansas City used nine pitchers in a 14-inning White Sox victory on Friday. The Royals, however, used good bullpen work Saturday to win the middle contest of the three-game set. Kansas City Royals relievers worked four innings on Saturday but did not allow a run. The Royals, who snapped a four-game losing streak with their 6-3 triumph, can win their first series since sweeping Tampa Bay on June 25-27.
Chicago lost for just the second time in its past eight games, but maintains its three-game lead on Cleveland in the American League Central. The White Sox turn to All-Star Chris Sale in the rubber game. Sale ranks third in the majors in ERA and can move into tie with Tampa Bay’s David Price for the AL lead in wins with a victory in the series finale.
Sale capped his strong first half with a victory on July 3 against Texas, allowing five hits and one earned run against one of baseball’s best hitting squads. Sale has not lost since May 12 against the Royals in Kansas City. In that game, the left-hander surrendered seven hits and three runs in five innings.
Mendoza has won just once since mid-May, and the league is hitting .288 against the left-hander. Mendoza lost to Toronto in his final start before the All-Star break, allowing nine hits and three earned runs in six innings. He did strike out nine.
1. The Royals are just 15-24 at home this season.
2. Chicago’s .552 winning percentage is the second-worst of any division leader. Only San Francisco in the NL West has a worse winning percentage.
3. Chicago’s Kevin Youkilis is hitting .315 (18-for-57) since being traded from Boston to the White Sox.
Recent Trends on Chi. White Sox: :
- CHW are 6-2 in their last 8 overall.
- CHW are 6-2 in their last 8 games on grass.
- CHW are 7-2 in Sales last 9 starts.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- Under is 6-2 in KC last 8 Sun. games.
- Over is 6-2 in KC last 8 home games.
Head to Head :
- Over is 10-3-1 in the last 14 meetings.
- CHW are 2-6 in the last 8 meetings in Kansas City.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Kansas City +135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Prediction on MLB Games: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Friday August 17 Prediction: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- July 14 Free MLB Picks: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals
- Saturday September 8th MLB Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox