Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Sunday, July 08, 2012
A six-game losing streak wasn't enough to KO the Arizona Diamondbacks, who can pull within four games of the National League West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers with a victory in the finale of Sunday's four-game series. After falling to the Dodgers in Thursday's opener, the Diamondbacks have fought back from two-run deficits to post consecutive 5-3 victories and climb within two games of .500 at 41-43. Arizona will send prized prospect Trevor Bauer to the mound to face Chris Capuano.
Los Angeles has scored more than four runs only once in its last 15 games but is clinging to a half-game lead over San Francisco with one game left before the All-Star break. The expected return of outfielders Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier after the break should provide an immediate jolt to the Dodgers' offense. Catcher A.J. Ellis is 5-for-7 with a home run in the past two games.
Capuano turned in another solid performance in his last outing, allowing one run on six hits in six innings against the Cincinnati Reds. He is only 1-1 in his last five starts despite allowing a total of eight runs in that span. The 33-year-old Capuano won at Arizona on May 21, limiting the Diamondbacks to one run on four hits in six innings.
Bauer was rocked in his second career start, giving up seven runs on six hits in only 3 1/3 innings of a 9-5 home loss to San Diego. He lasted only four innings in his major league debut at Atlanta, leaving the game with a strained groin. He has been plagued by control issues, walking seven and striking out seven in 7 1/3 innings.
1. Arizona left fielder Jason Kubel has four homers and 10 RBIs in his last seven games.
2. Dodgers second baseman Mark Ellis sat out Saturday's game but is expected to be in the lineup Sunday.
3. Kemp went 1-for-5 at Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday night. He will play for Albuquerque again Sunday to win up his rehab stint.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- LA are 2-7 in their last 9 games following a loss.
- Under is 6-2 in LA last 8 games following a loss.
- LA are 6-2 in their last 8 Sun. games.
Recent Trends on Arizona: :
- ARI are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.
- ARI are 2-6 in their last 8 games on grass.
- Under is 19-7 in ARI last 26 Sun. games.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Los Angeles +110
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- MLB Sports Gambling: Los Angeles Dodgers at Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Baseball Preview & Tips: Los Angeles Dodgers at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Los Angeles Dodgers at Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Free Predictions: Los Angeles Dodgers visit Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Baseball Picks: New York Mets vs Los Angeles Dodgers