Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics
Thursday, July 19, 2012
After winning five of six on their successful homestand, the New York Yankees will travel across the country in hopes of continuing their road dominance of the Oakland Athletics. New York has won nine straight such contests against Oakland, and heads into Thursday's opener of the four-game set on a roll. The Yankees posted their ninth win in 11 outings on Wednesday after breezing to a 6-0 triumph over Toronto in a seven-inning rain-shortened affair.
Oakland also enters the series on a high after Brandon Hicks belted his first career homer to lift the Athletics to a 4-3 walkoff win over American League West rival Texas. The victory was Oakland's 10th in 12 outings. While not as homer-happy as the high-powered Yankees, the Athletics have gone deep 11 times in their last five games.
Garcia overcame five walks in as many innings to record his second straight victory with a 5-3 win over the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday. The 35-year-old has split 14 career decisions versus Oakland - but his 5.22 ERA and 1.46 WHIP are hardly imposing numbers.
Griffin has worked exactly six innings in all four of his starts this season. The 24-year-old rookie yielded three runs and eight hits, but struck out five in a 6-3 win over Minnesota on Friday. Griffin has yielded three homers in his last two trips to the mound.
1. New York 1B Mark Teixeira is batting .326 with six homers, 19 RBIs and 13 runs scored in July. He fared pretty well versus Oakland when the teams met in May - going 8-for-14 with three homers.
2. Oakland CF Coco Crisp returned after a three-game absence due to a sore shoulder to go 1-for-3 on Wednesday. Crisp has struggled versus Garcia, going 5-for-28 in his career.
3. Yankees 2B Robinson Cano extended his career-best hitting streak to 21 games with a first-inning double on Wednesday. Cano is batting .420 with six homers and 20 RBIs during the streak.
Recent Trends on NY Yankees: :
- NYY are 36-15 in their last 51 overall.
- NYY are 36-15 in their last 51 games on grass.
- Under is 13-3 in Garcias last 16 road starts.
Recent Trends on Oakland: :
- Under is 8-1 in OAK last 9 home games.
- OAK are 10-2 in their last 12 overall.
- OAK are 10-2 in their last 12 games on grass.
Head to Head :
- NYY are 22-8 in the last 30 meetings in Oakland.
- NYY are 49-21 in the last 70 meetings.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Oakland +100
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Sunday July 22 Prediction: New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics
- MLB Las Vegas Prediction: New York Yankees at Oakland Athletics
- MLB Odds: Yankees AJ Burnett vs Athletics Lefty Gio Gonzalez
- Las Vegas Baseball Odds and Picks: New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics
- MLB Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Oakland Athletics at New York Yankees