Las Vegas Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks at Cincinnati Reds
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Arizona Diamondbacks at Cincinnati Reds
When: 12:35 PM ET, Thursday, July 19, 2012
Where: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati, Ohio
TV: 12:35 p.m. ET, Fox Sports Arizona (Diamondbacks), Fox Sports Ohio (Reds)
Jason Kubel's return to the lineup has invigorated the Arizona offense. He aims to lead the Diamondbacks to their third win in four games against the Cincinnati Reds in Thursday’s series finale. Kubel hit two home runs in Wednesday’s victory to raise his season total to 17 after missing four games with a hamstring injury. The timing was crucial as the Diamondbacks had tallied one run or fewer in four of five games.
Cincinnati has lost two of three games while trying to adjust to the loss of star first baseman Joey Votto, and has dropped into a first-place tie in the National League Central with the Pittsburgh Pirates. Votto underwent knee surgery and isn’t expected back until mid-August. The Reds have come under fire for not having Votto get an MRI on the knee in late June but the slugger defended the club on Wednesday and said he thought the knee would heal and didn’t sense surgery would be necessary.
Saunders is making his second start since missing a month with a shoulder ailment. He gave up four runs (three earned) and eight hits in six innings while falling to the Chicago Cubs in his return. Saunders has walked two or fewer batters in all 14 of his starts. He is 0-2 with a 6.61 ERA in three career starts against Cincinnati.
Leake has allowed two or fewer runs in five straight starts but is just 1-1 during the stretch. He gave up two runs and seven hits in six innings against the St. Louis Cardinals while taking a no-decision in his last start. Leake has walked just three batters in 37 innings over his last five outings. He is 1-0 with a 6.94 ERA in two career starts against Arizona.
1. At least one homer has been hit in 71 consecutive games at Great American Ball Park, the longest streak since Colorado’s Coors Field had 80 consecutive games with a homer in 2002-03.
2. Diamondbacks SS Stephen Drew is hitless in nine at-bats in the series, but is 4-for-6 with three RBIs against Leake.
3. Reds OF Ryan Ludwick is hitless in 15 career at-bats against Saunders.
Recent Trends on Arizona: :
- Under is 15-5-2 in ARI last 22 Thu. games.
- ARI are 2-6 in their last 8 road games.
- ARI are 12-5 in their last 17 Thu. games.
Recent Trends on Cincinnati: :
- Under is 21-4-3 in CIN last 28 overall.
- Under is 21-4-3 in CIN last 28 on grass.
- Under is 12-3-2 in CIN last 17 home games.
Head to Head :
- Under is 40-15-3 in the last 58 meetings.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Cincinnati -145
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Las Vegas MLB Odds and Picks: Arizona Diamondbacks vs Cincinnati Reds
- MLB Matchup and Trends: Atlanta Braves at Cincinnati Reds
- MLB Baseball Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Cincinnati Reds
- Betting in Vegas: Milwaukee Brewers at Cincinnati Reds
- Betting in Vegas: Los Angeles Dodgers at Cincinnati Reds