MLB Baseball Picks: Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
CC Sabathia is champing at the bit to put an end to his first stint on the disabled list. After being sidelined with a groin strain, the New York Yankees ace will return to the mound in Tuesday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays. Sabathia hasn't pitched since June 24, but told the Yankees he feels ready to test his mettle against their American League East rivals.
Sabathia likely won't face slugger Jose Bautista, who exited Monday's series opener in the eighth inning after hurting his left wrist. Bautista, who has a team-leading 27 homers, immediately clutched his wrist after ripping a foul ball. X-rays were negative and the slugger was to undergo an MRI on Tuesday morning. To add insult to injury, Raul Ibanez ripped his 10th career grand slam in the bottom half of the frame as the Yankees posted a 6-3 triumph.
Cecil has been throttled in two of his last three starts - including his most recent one. The 26-year-old yielded seven runs on six hits in 4 1/3 innings versus the Chicago White Sox on July 8. Cecil does own a 4-3 career mark against New York, but his 1.63 WHIP isn't too impressive.
Sabathia has dominated the Blue Jays, posting a 12-3 career mark with a 1.05 WHIP while limiting Toronto to a .212 batting average. The 31-year-old struggled in his last outing - yielding five runs on nine hits in a no-decision versus the New York Mets on June 24.
1. Robinson Cano extended his hitting streak to a career-high 19 games after ripping an RBI double past a diving Bautista in the third inning. Cano is 6-for-22 with a homer in his career versus Cecil.
2. Toronto's Rajai Davis ended an 0-for-25 drought with a double in the seventh inning. Davis, who added an infield hit in the ninth, is a paltry 4-for-29 against Sabathia in his career.
3. Mariano Rivera isn't ready to throw in the towel on this season. The veteran closer admitted in an interview with ESPN Radio's Michael Kay that it's his "goal" to return from his torn right anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Recent Trends on Toronto: :
- Over is 9-3 in TOR last 12 games following a loss.
- Over is 41-14-1 in TOR last 56 Tue. games.
- TOR are 2-8 in Cecils last 10 Tue. starts.
Recent Trends on NY Yankees: :
- Under is 14-5 in NYY last 19 Tue. games.
- Under is 25-11 in NYY last 36 home games.
- NYY are 35-16 in their last 51 overall.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: New York -230
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Betting on Vegas MLB Games: Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees
- MLB Odds for September 4: Blue Jays vs Yankees and Sabathia
- MLB Odds for September 3: Blue Jays vs Yankees
- MLB Odds: Yankees' Sabathia Faces Tampa Bay Rays
- MLB Las Vegas Free Betting Picks: Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees