MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Washington Nationals at Milwaukee Brewers
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Jordan Zimmermann couldn't have asked for a better time to return to his home state. The Washington Nationals right-hander will vie for his fifth straight victory on Saturday when he faces the host Milwaukee Brewers in the third contest of the four-game set. Zimmermann, who grew up in Auburndale and attended Wisconsin-Stevens Point, has yielded four earned runs in his last seven contests spanning 38 innings.
Milwaukee made news prior to snapping its season-high seven-game losing skid with a 6-0 triumph. The Brewers shipped former Cy Young Award winner Zack Greinke to the Los Angeles Angels for shortstop Jean Segura and minor-league pitchers Johnny Hellweg and Ariel Pena. Corey Hart and Aramis Ramirez belted two-run homers to provide the big blows in the game itself to end Washington's bid for a season-high seventh straight victory.
Zimmermann, who has yet to face the Brewers in his career, allowed just four hits for the third straight contest when he received a no-decision versus the New York Mets on Monday. Zimmermann has lowered his ERA considerably during his winning streak (2.77 to 2.31) while boasting an impressive 1.07 WHIP.
Wolf has enjoyed success versus Washington, posting a 9-5 career mark while registering a 1.37 WHIP. The 35-year-old has pitched well in his last two starts, allowing two earned runs over six innings in both contests. Wolf has permitted five earned runs in his last three outings - a stark improvement from the 17 he yielded in the previous three.
1. Washington C Jesus Flores received a day off on Friday after watching his batting average drop 22 points to .228 over his last 16 games. He is expected to return to the lineup on Saturday.
2. Milwaukee RHP Shaun Marcum didn't fare well in his recent bullpen session, according to manager Ron Roenicke. Marcum has been sidelined since mid-June with right elbow tightness. The team is looking at Marcum's shoulder as the possible reason for Friday's brief session.
3. The Nationals unconditionally released OF Rick Ankiel to clear room for the return of reliever Drew Storen.
Recent Trends on Washington: :
- Under is 6-2-1 in WAS last 9 road games.
Recent Trends on Milwaukee: :
- MIL are 1-7 in their last 8 overall.
- MIL are 1-7 in their last 8 games on grass.
- Over is 41-20-1 in MIL last 62 home games.
Head to Head :
- WAS are 7-22 in the last 29 meetings in Milwaukee.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Milwaukee +120
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Prediction on MLB Games: Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Milwaukee Brewers at Washington Nationals
- MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Pittsburgh Pirates at Milwaukee Brewers
- Betting in Vegas: Washington Nationals at Milwaukee Brewers
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers