MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Monday, June 04, 2012
With the season one-third over, both the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies see an opportunity to become a factor in the National League West. The teams open a three-game series in Phoenix aware that the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers have lost six of seven and will still be without star outfielder Matt Kemp for another 10-plus days. The Rockies are the hotter club, with six wins in their last seven games.
The Diamondbacks have won five straight home games against Colorado but haven’t been strong in familiar surroundings this season. Arizona is just 10-15 at home but the Rockies have been poor on the road, compiling an 8-15 mark. Colorado outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is 17-for-34 during an eight-game hitting streak. Arizona has won two consecutive games and received homers from Paul Goldschmidt, Miguel Montero and Gerardo Parra in a 6-0 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Colorado is 3-2 against Arizona this season with all the games being contested in Denver.
Friedrich has won back-to-back outings despite allowing 18 hits in 11 innings. He beat the Houston Astros in his last start when he gave up five runs and 11 hits in six innings. Friedrich has fanned 32 batters in 29 innings. He has never faced Arizona.
Saunders has just one victory over his last six starts. He took a no-decision in his last outing when he yielded one run and five hits in 5 1/3 innings against the San Francisco Giants. Saunders is 5-1 with a 3.32 ERA in seven starts against Colorado.
1. Gonzalez has 13 homers in 170 career at-bats against the Diamondbacks, who once traded him to the Oakland Athletics.
2. Goldschmidt has hit four homers during a career-best 12-game hitting streak.
3. Rockies outfielder Dexter Fowler is 16-for-28 over the last eight games but is just .111 in 18 career at-bats against Saunders.
Recent Trends on Colorado: :
- Over is 13-3 in COL last 16 games following a win.
- COL are 3-9 in their last 12 Mon. games.
- COL are 4-11 in their last 15 road games.
Recent Trends on Arizona: :
- ARI are 3-9 in their last 12 games following a win.
- ARI are 6-15 in their last 21 home games.
Head to Head :
- COL are 9-24 in the last 33 meetings in Arizona.
- COL are 5-12 in the last 17 meetings.
- MLB Vegas Odds: Colorado Rockies at Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Sports Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
- Las Vegas Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Vegas Predictions: Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies