MLB Sports Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Angels
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Joe Saunders pitches against his former mates in familiar surroundings when the Arizona Diamondbacks visit the Los Angeles Angels in Saturday’s second contest of a three-game series. Saunders takes the hill in Anaheim for the first time since Los Angeles traded him to Arizona as part of the package for pitcher Dan Haren during the 2010 season. Saunders went 33-14 over the 2008-09 seasons for the Angels. The Diamondbacks defeated Haren in Friday’s series opener.
The Angels lost for just the second time in seven games when they were blanked by Trevor Cahill and two relievers in the series opener in Arizona’s first game in Anaheim since 2001. Los Angeles is 16-6 over its last 22 games and was blanked for the first time in 29 games after being shut out eight times over the first 36 contests. The Diamondbacks have won nine of 12 games and are back at the .500 mark (32-32) for only the second time since May 3. Aaron Hill hit a three-homer and Jason Kubel had three hits in the opener.
Saunders has a 25-18 record with a 4.62 ERA in 63 career starts at Angel Stadium. He defeated Oakland is his last outing when he gave up one earned run and seven hits in six innings. Saunders is 1-0 with a 1.60 ERA in five road starts this season.
Santana has endured a rough season and has given up seven runs in each of his last two starts. Remarkably, he won his last outing when the Angels won a 10-8 shootout against the Colorado Rockies despite allowing nine hits in 5 2/3 innings. Santana has issued 15 walks in 20 1/3 innings over his last four starts. He won his lone start against Arizona when he allowed two runs in six innings in 2006.
1. The Angels have scored just seven runs over their last four games after scoring 46 over their previous six.
2. Diamondbacks OF Justin Upton is showing signs of breaking out of a season-long funk by having two hits in three consecutive games.
3. Los Angeles OF Vernon Wells is just 3-for-21 against Saunders.
Recent Trends on Arizona::
- ARI are 7-2 in their last 9 overall.
- ARI are 7-2 in their last 9 games on grass.
- ARI are 6-2 in their last 8 interleague games.
Recent Trends on LA Angels::
- LAA are 13-3 in their last 16 Sat. games.
- LAA are 16-6 in their last 22 overall.
- LAA are 16-6 in their last 22 games on grass.
Head to Head :
- Over is 6-2-1 in the last 9 meetings.
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Prediction on MLB Games: Arizona Diamondbacks & Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Las Vegas Odds and Lines: Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Angels
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Oakland Athletics vs Los Angeles Angels
- September 7 Free MLB Picks: Detroit Tigers vs Los Angeles Angels