MLB Sports Betting Odds: Cincinnati Reds at Los Angeles Dodgers
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
Johnny Cueto felt snubbed after failing to being included in the upcoming All-Star Game festivities. The right-hander will look to blow off some steam on Tuesday when the Cincinnati Reds continue their three-game series versus the Los Angeles Dodgers. Cincinnati manager Dusty Baker took up for both Cueto and second baseman Brandon Phillips, saying that former St. Louis skipper Tony La Russa made his choice based on a grudge following a 2010 benches-clearing brawl between the Reds and Cardinals.
Fighting words aside, Cincinnati has made itself at home at Dodger Stadium - winning five straight games, including Monday's 8-2 series opener. Devin Mesoraco and Todd Frazier drove in three runs apiece as the Reds improved to 3-2 on their West Coast trip and maintained a one-game lead over Pittsburgh in the National League Central. Reeling Los Angeles has dropped 12 of its last 14 games.
Cueto saw his four-game winning streak come to an end after he allowed three runs and walked four in a 5-0 loss to San Francisco on Thursday. The 26-year-old Dominican has struggled versus the Dodgers, posting a 1-3 career mark. Cueto does own the major's fourth-best ERA.
Capuano pitched well in his last outing on Wednesday, but fell to his former team. The 33-year-old yielded three runs on five hits in seven innings en route to a 3-2 loss to the New York Mets. Capuano has split six career decisions versus Cincinnati - although he has registered a 5.18 ERA and allowed the Reds to bat .295 against him.
1. All-Star first baseman Joey Votto missed his second straight game with inflammation in his left knee. "It's improving," Votto said. "But it's not to the point where they're comfortable with me starting. Ultimately, it's how I feel. We're hoping my knee reacts positively and it has. We've got a long season to go. I don't want to risk it give me more trouble."
2. Los Angeles speedster Dee Gordon was held out of Monday's starting lineup for the first time in 39 games. Gordon, who exited Sunday's contest after being dehydrated, found eight bottles of water at his locker prior to Monday's game. He is expected to start on Tuesday.
3. Reds shortstop Zack Cozart was drilled in the head by a fastball from Chad Billingsley during the fifth inning on Monday. Cozart, who suffered a mild concussion, said he expects to be OK following the ordeal.
Recent Trends on Cincinnati: :
- Under is 12-3-1 in CIN last 16 overall.
- Under is 12-3-1 in CIN last 16 on grass.
- CIN are 21-8 in Cuetos last 29 starts.
Recent Trends on LA Dodgers: :
- LA are 3-13 in their last 16 overall.
- LA are 3-13 in their last 16 games on grass.
- LA are 6-2 in Capuanos last 8 home starts.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Cincinnati -130
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- NLDS Game 1 Odds and Picks: Cincinnati Reds at San Francisco Giants
- MLB Las Vegas Prediction: Cincinnati Reds at Philadelphia Phillies
- MLB Sports Gambling: Cincinnati Reds at Los Angeles Dodgers
- MLB Baseball Free Odds: Miami Marlins vs Cincinnati Reds
- MLB Baseball Odds: Cincinnati Reds vs St Louis Cardinals