MLB Sports Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
Wednesday, June 06, 2012
Fresh off a season-best 17-hit outing, the Arizona Diamondbacks seek another strong offensive showing on Wednesday when they conclude a three-game home series against the Colorado Rockies. Jason Kubel had five RBIs, Gerardo Parra had four hits and Aaron Hill fell a double shy of the cycle in a dominating 10-0 victory that boosted the Diamondbacks ahead of the Rockies and into third place in the National League West. Colorado has lost just two of its last nine games.
Tuesday’s drubbing marked the third time the Rockies have been blanked this season. Colorado batters combined to strike out 16 times and had just six hits. First baseman Todd Helton saw his 10-game hitting streak come to an end while outfielders Carlos Gonzalez and Dexter Fowler each had nine-game hitting streaks halted. Parra was in the lineup for struggling Justin Upton and matched his career-best hit effort from May 26 against the Milwaukee Brewers. He has a career average of .317 against Colorado.
Outman is making his second start for the Rockies. He struck out five in 3 1/3 shutout innings as a fill-in during a pitcher-by-committee approach against the Los Angeles Dodgers to plug the rotation spot of recently released Jamie Moyer. Outman started 25 games for the Oakland Athletics between 2008-11. He is 1-1 with a 3.68 ERA in three career appearances (two starts) against the Diamondbacks.
Miley had a three-game winning streak when he lost to the San Diego Padres in his last start. He gave up four runs and six hits while pitching a season-long 7 1/3 innings. Miley has allowed just four earned runs in his six victories. He is 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA in three career appearances (two starts) against the Rockies.
1. Arizona managing general manager Ken Kendrick stirred things up Tuesday by questioning the integrity of shortstop Stephen Drew, who suffered a devastating ankle injury last July. Drew is a free agent after the season and Kendrick implied Drew is more worried about his future than returning promptly.
2. Colorado shortstop Marco Scutaro had two hits Tuesday for his fourth multi-hit contest in seven games.
3. Diamondbacks outfielder Chris Young has two hits Tuesday and is 4-for-6 with a homer against Outman.
Recent Trends on Colorado: :
- Over is 8-1 in COL last 9 road games.
- COL are 7-2 in their last 9 overall.
- COL are 7-2 in their last 9 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Arizona: :
- Under is 7-2 in ARI last 9 overall.
- Under is 7-2 in ARI last 9 on grass.
- ARI are 2-6 in their last 8 Wed. games.
Head to Head :
- COL are 10-25 in the last 35 meetings in Arizona.
- COL are 6-13 in the last 19 meetings.
- MLB Las Vegas Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Vegas Odds: Colorado Rockies at Arizona Diamondbacks
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Colorado Rockies at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Las Vegas Odds: Colorado Rockies vs Arizona Diamondbacks
- MLB Baseball Predictions: Arizona Diamondbacks vs Colorado Rockies