MLB Sports Gambling: Milwaukee Brewers visit Kansas City Royals
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Zack Greinke faces his former team for the first time Tuesday as he and his Milwaukee Brewers take on the Kansas City Royals in the opener of their three-game interleague series. Greinke spent the first seven seasons of his career with Kansas City, posting a 60-67 record and winning the American League Cy Young Award in 2009 before being traded to Milwaukee in December 2010.
Greinke will attempt to help Milwaukee continue their solid play as the club won four of its last five games to complete its nine-game homestand 5-4. The Brewers also have been strong on the road, winning each of their last four away from home. Kansas City was swept of a three-game series in Pittsburgh over the weekend, scoring a total of seven runs, and has dropped 18 of its last 23 interleague contests.
Greinke has rebounded nicely from his shortest outing of the season May 26 at Arizona, allowing one run in 13 innings over his last two starts. The 28-year-old scattered two hits over seven scoreless frames while striking out a season-high 12 in a triumph over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday. Greinke is 3-2 but has a 5.93 ERA in six road outings.
Mendoza will be making his sixth start of the season and first since May 18 against Arizona. The 28-year-old Mexican relieved an injured Felipe Paulino on Wednesday against Minnesota and allowed two runs and five hits over five innings. Mendoza is 1-2 as a starter this year but 0-1 in three starts at home. He is facing Milwaukee for the first time in his career.
1. The Brewers have not played in Kansas City since 2006.
2. Milwaukee right-hander Marco Estrada, who is on the disabled list with a strained right quadriceps, is scheduled to pitch a simulated game Tuesday and could begin a rehab assignment Saturday.
3. Royals second baseman Chris Getz, who has not played since May 21 because of a bruised left ribcage, could be activated from the disabled list Tuesday.
Recent Trends on Milwaukee: :
- Over is 8-2-1 in MIL last 11 Tue. games.
- MIL are 2-7 in their last 9 interleague games.
- Over is 8-3 in MIL last 11 on grass.
Recent Trends on Kansas City: :
- KC are 3-8 in their last 11 interleague home games.
- KC are 8-21 in their last 29 home games.
- KC are 17-36 in their last 53 interleague games.
Head to Head :
- Under is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- Las Vegas MLB Baseball Odds: Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals
- Friday September 21 Prediction: Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals
- Prediction on MLB Games: Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas MLB Prediction: Los Angeles Angels at Kansas City Royals