MLB Sports Gambling: Minnesota Twins visit Kansas City Royals
Tuesday, June 05, 2012
Minnesota Twins’s Francisco Liriano made a triumphant return to the starting rotation last week and is in good position to prove it wasn’t a fluke as the Twins visit the worst home team in baseball – the Kansas City Royals – on Tuesday. Liriano started the season 0-4 with a 9.45 ERA and was banished to the bullpen May 9. He resurfaced Wednesday and pitched six shutout innings with nine strikeouts in Minnesota’s 4-0 victory over Oakland.
Liriano will oppose fellow left-hander Bruce Chen, who has won four of his last five starts, but was roughed by the Twins (six runs in 2 2/3 innings) in Minnesota’s 7-4 victory on April 29.
The Twins have won six of their last seven games after their 10-7 victory at Kansas City on Monday. They are 10 games behind the first-place Chicago White Sox in the American League Central and 2½ back of the fourth-place Royals.
Liriano allowed four earned runs in 7 1/3 innings over five relief appearances before earning his first victory since Aug. 20, 2011. He is 6-4 in 13 career games against the Royals, including a victory in his last appearance July 14, 2011. The Kansas City roster is hitting .248 against Liriano. Yuniesky Betancourt and Billy Butler have each homered against him, but are a combined 10-for-49.
Chen allowed three runs and seven hits in five innings in the Royals’ 6-3 victory at Cleveland on May 30. He was roughed up in his previous start (six runs in four innings) after winning three straight. Chen is 2-5 in 18 career appearances against the Twins. Chen has handled Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau, who are a combined 7-for-30 against him.
1. Mauer missed Monday’s game with a mild right thumb strain and is day-to-day. He is batting .457 in 24 games against Kansas City since 2010 and has helped the Twins to a 17-7 record in those contests.
2. Kansas City’s Mike Moustakas went 3-for-4 with a homer and two doubles on Monday and is 9-for-20 in his last seven games.
3. Minnesota reliever Jared Burton struck out the side in the eighth inning and has fanned the last five batters he’s faced.
Recent Trends on Minnesota::
- MIN are 4-12 in their last 16 Tue. games.
- MIN are 34-76 in their last 110 overall.
- MIN are 34-76 in their last 110 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Kansas City::
- KC are 7-20 in their last 27 home games.
- Over is 7-2-1 in Chens last 10 Tue. starts.
Head to Head :
- MIN are 36-17 in the last 53 meetings.
- Over is 33-16-2 in the last 51 meetings.
- MLB Sports Gambling: Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals
- Betting in Vegas: Kansas City Royals at Minnesota Twins
- MLB Baseball Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Minnesota Twins
- MLB Baseball Odds: Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals
- Las Vegas Baseball Odds and Picks: Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals