MLB Sports Gambling: Pittsburgh Pirates at Houston Astros
Saturday, July 28, 2012
The Houston Astros attempt to avoid their club-record 12th consecutive loss Saturday when they face former teammate Wandy Rodriguez and the Pittsburgh Pirates at Minute Maid Park. Houston suffered its 11th straight defeat Friday as its bullpen failed to hold a late lead for the third time in four games, allowing a one-run edge in the ninth inning turn into a one-run deficit. Newly acquired right-hander Francisco Cordero blew ninth-inning leads against Cincinnati on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Astros are 0-5 on their seven-game homestand, have just one win in their last 16 outings and have lost 24 of 26 overall. Rodriguez, who was acquired by Pittsburgh on Tuesday, hopes to extend his former team's misery as Pittsburgh looks to improve to 3-0 on its 10-game road trip. The Pirates, who trail Cincinnati by two games in the National League Central, have won eight of their last 10 games overall and eight consecutive meetings with Houston.
Rodriguez lost five of his last six decisions as an Astro, including a setback against Cincinnati on Monday in which he allowed three runs and seven hits over six innings. The 33-year-old, who was the last remaining member of Houston's 2005 National League championship team, owns a 46-35 record and 3.44 ERA in 114 career games - including two relief appearances - at Minute Maid Park.
Galarraga will be making his Pirates debut after being signed as a free agent on May 21. The 30-year-old went 3-2 with a 4.12 ERA in nine starts with Triple-A Oklahoma City. Galarraga, who was 3-4 in eight starts for Arizona last season, is 0-1 in two career outings against the Pirates.
1. Houston claimed Chuckie Fick off waivers from St. Louis and optioned fellow RHP Enerio Del Rosario to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
2. Pittsburgh has homered in 17 straight road games.
3. Astros 3B Chris Johnson is hitting .484 (15-for-31) with two home runs and six RBIs over his last eight contests.
Recent Trends on Pittsburgh: :
- Under is 7-1 in PIT last 8 overall.
- Under is 7-1 in PIT last 8 on grass.
- PIT are 18-4 in their last 22 Sat. games.
Recent Trends on Houston: :
- HOU are 12-44 in their last 56 overall.
- HOU are 12-44 in their last 56 games on grass.
- Over is 6-2 in HOU last 8 overall.
Head to Head :
- PIT are 19-7 in the last 26 meetings.
- PIT are 30-68 in the last 98 meetings in Houston.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Houston +160
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Place a Bet on MLB Baseball: Pittsburgh Pirates at Houston Astros
- MLB Sports Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks at Houston Astros
- Betting in Vegas: Cincinnati Reds at Houston Astros
- Las Vegas Odds: Cincinnati Reds vs Houston Astros
- MLB Baseball Odds: Milwaukee Brewers vs Houston Astros