MLB Vegas Odds: Philadelphia Phillies vs Minnesota Twins
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
The free-falling Philadelphia Phillies will look to prevent their 10th loss in 11 outings on Wednesday when they continue their series versus the Minnesota Twins. Cole Hamels will attempt to stop the bleeding for the Phillies, who have dropped three in a row and plummeted to the basement in the National League East. While Minnesota also resides at the bottom of its division, the Twins have won 10 of their last 13 following Tuesday's 11-7 triumph over Philadelphia.
Trevor Plouffe continued his hot hitting by belting a homer and driving in three during the series opener. Plouffe has gone deep five times in his last nine games, but has yet to face Hamels in his career. The 2008 World Series MVP hasn't dropped three consecutive starts in nearly two years (August 2010). Despite its slumping ways, Philadelphia still owns an impressive 17-15 mark away from the City of Brotherly Love.
Hamels has followed an eight-game winning streak by dropping his last two starts. The 28-year-old southpaw permitted four runs on six hits in as many innings in an 8-3 setback to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday. Hamels allowed four runs on five hits in seven innings, but did not record a decision in his lone career outing versus the Twins.
Walters labored through his second straight outing, but did not walk away with a decision. The 27-year-old allowed a season-high five runs on eight hits in five innings in Minnesota's 8-7 triumph over the Chicago Cubs on Friday. Walters has yet to face the Phillies in his career.
1. Philadelphia is 9 1/2 games out of first place in the National League East - marking its largest deficit since the end of the 2006 season.
2. Veteran Jim Thome has been one of the few bright spots for the Phillies. The former Twin is 8-for-17 with a homer and six RBIs in his last four games.
Recent Trends on Philadelphia: :
- Over is 9-1-1 in PHI last 11 interleague games.
- PHI are 1-9 in their last 10 overall.
- PHI are 1-9 in their last 10 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Minnesota: :
- Over is 10-1 in MIN last 11 interleague home games.
- Over is 15-5-2 in MIN last 22 interleague games.
- MIN are 9-3 in their last 12 interleague games.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Minnesota +135
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Sunday August 12 Prediction: Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins
- Thursday June 14th MLB Odds: Philadelphia Phillies & Minnesota Twins
- Baseball Predictions & Picks: Toronto Blue Jays at Minnesota Twins
- MLB Odds for August 8: Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins
- MLB Baseball Odds: Kansas City Royals vs Minnesota Twins