MLB Vegas Odds: Tampa Bay Rays at Los Angeles Angels
Saturday, July 28, 2012
The Los Angeles Angels continue their homestand Saturday when they host the Tampa Bay Rays in the middle game of their three-game series. Los Angeles improved to 5-2 on its nine-game homestand with a 3-1 triumph in the series opener on Friday. The Angels, who had lost six straight meetings with Tampa Bay, climbed within four games of American League West-leading Texas.
Former AL Cy Young Award winner Zack Greinke, whom Los Angeles acquired from Milwaukee on Friday, is expected to make his Angels debut in the series finale. But the Rays first will have to contend with C.J. Wilson as they continue their nine-game road trip during which they are 2-2. With Friday's loss, Tampa Bay fell 2 1/2 games behind Oakland for the second wild-card spot in the AL. Los Angeles sits atop the wild-card standings, a half-game in front of the Athletics.
Moore suffered his second loss in three starts Sunday despite allowing only two runs and five hits over eight innings against Seattle. The 23-year-old won four straight decisions before falling at Cleveland on July 7. Moore, who is 1-3 with a 5.36 ERA in seven road starts this season, settled for a no-decision after yielding three runs over 5 2/3 frames in his only career outing against the Angels on April 26.
Wilson is seeking his first win since June 26 as he is 0-2 in his last five outings, including a no-decision against Kansas City on Monday in which he surrendered three runs over 6 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old has allowed three earned runs or fewer in 13 of his last 14 starts. Wilson suffered his only loss in five career decisions against the Rays on April 25 despite yielding only two runs over seven frames and striking out a season-high 11 batters.
1. Los Angeles 1B Albert Pujols is hitting .395 (17-for-43) with 11 RBIs over his last 11 games.
2. The Rays have gone six games without committing an error, four shy of the franchise record.
Recent Trends on Tampa Bay: :
- Under is 7-1 in TB last 8 overall.
- Under is 7-1 in TB last 8 on grass.
- Under is 9-4-1 in TB last 14 Sat. games.
Recent Trends on LA Angels: :
- LAA are 9-3 in Wilsons last 12 starts.
- LAA are 9-3 in Wilsons last 12 starts on grass.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Los Angeles -180
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Sunday August 19 Prediction: Tampa Bay Rays at Los Angeles Angels
- Prediction on MLB Games: Cleveland Indians vs Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Free Predictions: Detroit Tigers at Los Angeles Angels
- September 7 Free MLB Picks: Detroit Tigers vs Los Angeles Angels
- MLB Free Predictions: Tampa Bay Rays vs Los Angeles Angels