NCAA Football Score: Georgia and Georgia Tech
Saturday, November 26, 2011
by Joe Rodriguez
The Bulldogs (10-2) head into next week’s SEC Championship Game against top-ranked LSU riding their longest in-season winning streak since 1982.
Georgia defeated Tech (8-4) for the 10th time in the past 11 matchups.
After Tech pulled within 14-10 on David Sims’ 5-yard touchdown run with 1:13 left in the first half, Blair Walsh’s 41-yard field goal with three seconds to go made it 17-10 Bulldogs. Walsh had missed his initial attempt, but Tech coach Paul Johnson called timeout just before the ball was snapped.
Georgia took control in the third quarter. Murray threw a pair of 3-yard touchdown passes, to Tavarres King and Aron White, as the Bulldogs pushed their lead to 31-10. Earlier, Murray found Michael Bennett on a 15-yard touchdown in the first quarter, and Chris Conley on a 14-yard touchdown in the second quarter.
Murray completed 19-of-29 passes for 252 yards. The sophomore’s 32 touchdown passes are a school record and tied for eighth-most in SEC history.
Tech quarterback Tevin Washington completed 3-of-10 passes for 34 yards and two interceptions. The Yellow Jackets rushed for 243 yards against a Georgia rush defense ranked fourth in the nation.
- Sat Nov 26 NCAA Football Pick: Georgia Bulldogs at Georgia Tech
- NCAA Las Vegas Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs Georgia Bulldogs
- NCAA Football Week 8 Picks: Georgia Bulldogs at Kentucky Wildcats
- Week 6 NCAA Football Scores Predictions: Georgia vs South Carolina
- 2012 College Football Las Vegas Odds: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets