Tuesday July 3th MLB Odds: Milwaukee Brewers host Miami Marlins
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
The Milwaukee Brewers are putting it together, and in the National League Central, that makes them a contender. The Brewers will try to match a season high with their fourth straight victory when they host the Miami Marlins on Tuesday in the second of a four-game series. Milwaukee (37-42) is seven games behind first-place Cincinnati in a division which doesn’t appear to possess a team capable of running away.
The Brewers rallied from two- and three-run deficits Monday to defeat Miami 6-5 and snap the Marlins’ four-game winning streak. Milwaukee received key contributions from pinch hitters Travis Ishikawa, who tied the game with a two-run single in the sixth inning, and Norichika Aoki, whose safety squeeze bunt drove in the winning run in the eighth.
The Marlins’ Josh Johnson is 3-0 lifetime against the Brewers. He will oppose Milwaukee’s Randy Wolf, who is 0-4 with seven no-decisions in his last 11 outings. Wolf is 4-12 with a 5.83 in 21 lifetime starts against the Marlins.
Johnson allowed one run, four hits and struck out six in six innings in Miami’s 6-2 victory over Philadelphia on Friday. He has allowed three or less runs in each of his last 10 starts, and two or less in his last five. The Brewers’ roster is hitting .167 against Johnson, with Ryan Braun going 3-for-10 (double, three strikeouts).
Wolf hasn’t won since April 30, an 8-3 victory at San Diego. He has allowed at least four runs in his last three starts, including eight (seven earned) in four innings in a 9-3 loss to Arizona on Friday. In his two prior starts, he allowed two runs (one earned) in 13 2/3 innings, both no-decisions. The Marlins’ roster is hitting .241 against Wolf, with Jose Reyes (12-for-41, two homers, three RBIs) having the most success.
1. Miami committed three errors Monday, including a pair by third baseman Hanley Ramirez.
2. The Marlins’ Justin Ruggiano had a career-high four RBIs on Monday, including a two-run homer.
3. Miami closer Heath Bell has 14 straight saves after converting only three of his first seven opportunities.
Recent Trends on Miami::
- Under is 26-11-1 in MIA last 38 Tue. games.
- Under is 10-3 in Sanchezs last 13 on grass.
- Under is 10-3 in Sanchezs last 13 starts overall.
Recent Trends on Milwaukee::
- Over is 6-2 in MIL last 8 vs. National League East.
- Over is 36-14-1 in MIL last 51 home games.
- Over is 9-4-1 in MIL last 14 Tue. games.
Head to Head :
- MIA are 1-11 in the last 12 meetings.
- MIA are 1-10 in the last 11 meetings in Milwaukee.
USA Sports Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Miami +100
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Prediction on MLB Games: Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins
- Thursday July 5th MLB Odds: Miami Marlins vs Milwaukee Brewers
- 2012 Baseball Odds: Milwaukee Brewers at Miami Marlins
- Monday July 2th MLB Odds: Miami Marlins vs Milwaukee Brewers
- Betting in Vegas: Milwaukee Brewers at Miami Marlins